Saturday 22 May 2010

Aloclair model wanted for drawing winning raffle tickets - A tribute to Lee Blowers


As we were browsing a mouth ulcer treatment website we found a picture of this model and thought it’d be funny to email them from Lee, asking about the model.

We wrote:

Name: Lee Blowers
Email: leeblower@vcg-kestrel.com
Subject: Model enquiry
Query: Dear sir/madam,

I have contacted you previously, but to no avail.
I am looking for details of the model agency you used for your website design, specifically the model used in the "contact us" section.
She perfectly fits our remit for models required for my own campaign and cannot find any photography / agency references on your site.

A prompt reply would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Mr Lee Blowers

Thinking they wouldn’t respond we told Lee what we had done, and asked him to look out for a reply.
A month later (after we had forgotten about the prank) the company replied to Lee:



From: Rob Callum [mailto:RobCallum@dexcelpharma.co.uk]
Sent: Fri 5/21/2010 8:31 AM
To: Lee Blowers
Subject: RE: Model enquiry

I'm afraid that the agency who created the website for us is no longer trading, and we have no details of the agency used.

Kind Regards
Aloclair Marketing Team


Lee, off his own back, sent these replies, one after the other:


From: Lee Blowers
Sent: Fri 5/21/2010 8:38 AM
To: Rob Callum

Subject: RE: Model enquiry

thanks for nothing u waste of space, have a good day!


Then:

Hi Rob,

I apologize for my previous email i sent you, i'm under a lot of stress at the moment. U need to help me out, as the model that I inquired about is no longer available, I need a very similar looking one at the very least. I have arranged a fund raiser and was planning to use her as the face of the whole operation. I have told all my friends and family that she is coming and have also arranged a raffle where she will be pulling out the winning tickets. A lot of very important people from the local council and surrounding businesses will be there and the local media will be covering this event. I really need you to pull together with me on this Rob as the fund raiser is tomorrow and none of my female friends look nothing like the girl i'm looking for.

I look forward to hearing from you
Lee Blowers




Cue me dying with laughter.

The thought of a whole fete resting on the attendance of an unknown girl from a mouth ulcer treatment website and everyone being there waiting, and Lee stressing about delivering his promise.

“i'm under a lot of stress at the moment”.

I'm going to make Lee the next Karl Pilkington

1 comment: